Chiropractic services focus on pain or other issues in the muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems, and the way these disorders can affect quality of life and overall health.
Doctors of Chiropractic (also referred to as chiropractors) practice an alternative or complementary form of healthcare which relies on physically adjusting the body in order to allow it to return to a state of health. Chiropractors have broad diagnostic skills and are most commonly thought of in connection with spinal manipulation. Most, however, have trained in a wide variety of therapies and may work with several techniques at once to help treat a condition. Chiropractic services have been shown to help a wide variety of disorders, and are particularly helpful in treating both acute and chronic pain in the back, neck, and head.
Why choose chiropractic?
- More than 20 million people use chiropractic services in the United States each year. 1
- Two-thirds of Americans surveyed said they had found that chiropractic care works for back and neck pain. 2
- Chiropractic care is often more effective and less expensive than pain medication. 3
- A growing body of evidence supports the effectiveness of chiropractic care for many different conditions. 4
- Chiropractic services are covered by most health insurance plans, including major medical plans, workers’ compensation, Medicare, some Medicaid plans, and Blue Cross Blue Shield plans for federal employees, among others.
For frequently asked questions please find more information from the American Chiropractic Association here: http://www.acatoday.org/Patients/Why-Choose-Chiropractic/Chiropractic-Frequently-Asked-Questions
For the latest academic research regarding benefits of chiropractic, please click here: http://www.acatoday.org/Patients/Why-Choose-Chiropractic/What-Research-Shows